Weardale’s amazing heated open air swimming pool is open from late May to early September. The pool is supervised by trained lifeguards. For opening times, prices and admissions policy click on the pool website link below left.
The main pool measures 25m x 13m and slopes gently from 1m (3 feet) deep at the shallow end down to 3m (10 feet) at the deep end. There is a slide in the shallow end and a springboard in the deep end. For younger children there is a small, warm, toddler pool.
Other facilities include:
* soft play area free for toddlers
* café with a choice of cakes, savories and teas and coffees.
* changing rooms with hot showers.
* picnic tables.
* hot sauna (ask a lifeguard as soon as you come in if you wish to use it as it takes a while to heat up).
* a shop selling hot/cold drinks, sweets & chocolate, swimming goggles/floats/hats etc.
The pool is available for private hire outside public session times. Ideal for triathlons, naturist groups, beginners’ kayak training, etc.